Thursday, August 21, 2008

Databases, reference, pages

Basic info and tutorials for databases will be in a folder at the Reference desk in the bottom left drawer. It is labeled Databases. Branches will get copies when I have completed tutorials for all databases. They contain basic info on how to use the database and what info is in each.

Database brochures are on the shared drive under Circ procedures and forms> Prairiecat db pamphlets.

ValueLine is only online now and only available in the library. We can print and email from it, so if anyone at a branch is looking for stock info, we can email or fax it. We do not subscribe to the mutual funds portion of the site.


If anyone needs to register for NetLibrary, the instructions are HERE

and on the Shared drive in the Reference folder
Basically, just click on register new user and fill out the form.

for Eldridge staff:
At our meeting, pages were instructed to shelf read when they are done with shelving. I recently found out that I am somewhat in charge of them so, I have a list of other tasks that they need to do when they are not shelving. It is on the Page Wall. They should not be sitting or standing at the Circ desk unless we ask them for help. Refer them to the list when they are standing around.

Sarah

No comments: