The new system is more informative. Is there a way to make the print larger? I can get around OK but the small print is hard for me to read. Penne @ SPRG
if you go to Preference>Desktop>Font Settings you can change the size and type of font. The first option is for the text that is in the sidebar and menus. The second is for what comes up in the windows. Click on the little diamond to change the font. I think the default is Verdana 11pt. If you go too big, it wont fit in the screen but 12-14 pt. should work ok.
It took a little time getting around in the new system but the more I use it the better I like it. I do need to remind myself to close down the windows it's so easy to have alot opened. Is there a way to print the hold items? I don't always have time to do them right away. Dawn@Pinceton
I checked with the circulation staff here and unfortunately the new system will not print receipts for holds at other libraries. Though, it should print receipts for holds at your library. If you keep the discharging screen up, you should be able to match up the title with the library where it is to be delivered. Let us know if it is not printing receipts for holds at your library. -:) Crystal
When I tried to use it Monday, it would not receive items in transit. It recieved the first one but not subsequent ones. Plus the 'forgive fines' button doesn't work for me, and if we are going to be audited in the future, I need it to work to reflect forgiven fines. I have to have hold slips printed for other libraries, because I get extremely busy, doing many things at once, and need to be able to come back to the books later to write the routing slips. I really don't have any time to write patron's names on holds nor where they are being routed to other libraries. Therefore I have still been using the old program until the glitches are worked out. I wasn't sure if it was ready to use yet. Kim@SDUG
Okay, I opened the new program and it does print a routing slip when discharging. It doesn't tell who the hold is for, just the library to route it to. But it does print who the hold is for when coming into my library. I'm happy my receipt printer works! I will try to increase the size of the font, because many patrons will have trouble reading the tiny print on their receipts. I will switch to using the new program asap, altho I am still wary about forgiving fines without a record.
I like the new Workflows - it's nice not to be 'kicked off' every few minutes, like on the old system! My system does not print a routing slip when I'm discharging. What do I need to do to fix that?
The new system doesn't "freeze" on me anymore. Hooray! I do have a problem with receipts too. It doesn't print a receipt for items discharged going to other libraries. Can this be fixed?
8 comments:
The new system is more informative. Is there a way to make the print larger? I can get around OK but the small print is hard for me to read. Penne @ SPRG
if you go to Preference>Desktop>Font Settings you can change the size and type of font. The first option is for the text that is in the sidebar and menus. The second is for what comes up in the windows. Click on the little diamond to change the font. I think the default is Verdana 11pt. If you go too big, it wont fit in the screen but 12-14 pt. should work ok.
Sarah
It took a little time getting around in the new system but the more I use it the better I like it. I do need to remind myself to close down the windows it's so easy to have alot opened. Is there a way to print the hold items? I don't always have time to do them right away.
Dawn@Pinceton
I checked with the circulation staff here and unfortunately the new system will not print receipts for holds at other libraries. Though, it should print receipts for holds at your library. If you keep the discharging screen up, you should be able to match up the title with the library where it is to be delivered. Let us know if it is not printing receipts for holds at your library. -:) Crystal
When I tried to use it Monday, it would not receive items in transit. It recieved the first one but not subsequent ones. Plus the 'forgive fines' button doesn't work for me, and if we are going to be audited in the future, I need it to work to reflect forgiven fines. I have to have hold slips printed for other libraries, because I get extremely busy, doing many things at once, and need to be able to come back to the books later to write the routing slips. I really don't have any time to write patron's names on holds nor where they are being routed to other libraries. Therefore I have still been using the old program until the glitches are worked out. I wasn't sure if it was ready to use yet.
Kim@SDUG
Okay, I opened the new program and it does print a routing slip when discharging. It doesn't tell who the hold is for, just the library to route it to. But it does print who the hold is for when coming into my library. I'm happy my receipt printer works! I will try to increase the size of the font, because many patrons will have trouble reading the tiny print on their receipts. I will switch to using the new program asap, altho I am still wary about forgiving fines without a record.
I like the new Workflows - it's nice not to be 'kicked off' every few minutes, like on the old system! My system does not print a routing slip when I'm discharging. What do I need to do to fix that?
Cindy, SBU
The new system doesn't "freeze" on me anymore. Hooray! I do have a problem with receipts too. It doesn't print a receipt for items discharged going to other libraries. Can this be fixed?
Debbie @ SWAG
Post a Comment