Friday, April 18, 2008

Summer Reading Program Decorations

What are your ideas for jazzing up your branches for the Summer Reading Program?

5 comments:

ScottCountyStaff said...

I am thinking on making a huge spider out of a lawn bag and strips of craft paper for the legs. I'll spray the whole thing black and hang it with fishing line from the ceiling in the corner. - Crystal

Sarah Librarian said...

i could use some help in coming up with some cool decorations for the teen area. right now i am going to try to have some teens come in and make bug origami and we are going to make a spiderweb on the bulletin board. otherwise, i'm not sure what to do?

ScottCountyStaff said...

I have not thought much about how i am going to decorate my library.
I have been working on trying to plan my story hours. I would also like to plan somethings for just the elementary school kids. I am not sure what yet.Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to make different kinds of insects and hang them from the ceiling in the juvenile/children's area. I'll put up posters and maybe even find an insect themed desktop background for the computers. I don't have any wall space, so maybe I'll have big ants crawling up the side of a bookcase or something. I will also display insect books.

ScottCountyStaff said...

I'm making a giant dragonfly
to hang from the ceiling
I have the body done and I'm working on the wings
I think I'll make a couple large ladybugs too.
Dawn